Saturday, May 19 9:30am-4:00pm
[Only one spot left!]
Join a diverse group of community members from Southern Oregon for a day of exploring, shaping, and sharing life stories. Set in Ashland’s Green Springs mountains, the retreat will offer participants a chance to explore life experiences in a restful and contemplative setting. The retreat will include:
- Creative exercises to help you recall and reflect on your own life experiences
- A process to encourage compassionate listening
- Instruction to help you shape and communicate your story
- Interesting people whose rich stories will deepen your connection to others
- Good coffee and baked goods
- A delicious lunch
- A beautiful setting among ponderosa pines and fields of wild flowers
The retreat is an extension of The Hearth’s true storytelling series and offers a chance for community members to appreciate the variety of life experiences that exist within our community. The day will be facilitated by Hearth founder Mark Yaconelli. For more information go to “retreat” at http://www.thehearthstorytelling.wordpress.com. All proceeds will support The Hearth: Reals Stories by Regular Folks, a true storytelling series that raises money for non-profits in Southern Oregon through seasonal, communal storytelling events.
To register email Mark Yaconelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Scholarships are available. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.